Cooler Master reveals HAF XB
Anyone who’s browsed the enclosure market surely has come across one of numerous Cooler Master HAF offerings. Cooler Master has just added another offering to the HAF lineup, the HAF XB. The HAF XB is a mid-tower turned on it’s side, designed to function as a lan box or test bench. The HAF XB supports full size ATX motherboards, a 240mm radiator in the front, and has clearance for video cards up to 334mm wide. Here are some press shots of the HAF XB and what Cooler Master has to say about their newest case. Direct links to the Cooler Master page and retailers are below.
HAF XB takes the famous High Air Flow series to a revolutionary new form factor with extreme cooling performance. The removable horizontal mainboard tray and large mesh top and front panels with two 120mm front fans create a powerful front to back airflow. Despite its compact rugged design, there is plenty of space for even the tallest high performance tower heatsinks, thick watercooling radiators and up to 3 of the longest high end graphics cards. Within seconds the side panels with their rigid carry handles and the top mesh panel can be removed, transforming the HAF XB into a Test bench with direct access to the hardware. The front panel features two USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports as well as 2 SSD compatible X-dock slots for lightning fast data transfers.
- Direct front to back airflow over CPU and mainboard for extreme cooling performance.
- Supports 240mm radiators with extra clearance for thick performance radiators or push-pull fan configurations.
- Supports Tower CPU coolers with a height of up to 180mm and up to 334mm long high end graphics cards.
- Motherboard Tray can be removed to install, remove or swap components.
- The first Case that quickly and easily transforms into a Testbench – Ideal for Enthusiasts and Overclockers.
- Dual USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports and X-Dock slots at the front panel for lightning fast plug-n-play I/O.
- Rigid carry handles on the side panels.
|Material||Steel body, Front Mesh, Plastic bezel|
|Dimension||442(W) x 330(H) x 423(D)mm / 17.4 x 13 x 16.7 inch|
|Weight||8.2kg / 18.1lb|
|M/B Type||ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX|
|5.25″ Drive Bay||2|
|3.5″ Drive Bay||2 (from X-Dock)|
|2.5″ Drive Bay||6 (2 from X-Dock)|
|I/O Panel||USB 3.0 x 2 (internal)
Audio In & Out x 1 (supports HD Audio)
|Cooling System||Front: 120mm fan x 2, 1800 RPM, 21 dBA (or 140mm fan x 2)
Rear: 120mm fan x 1 (optional), and 80mm fan x 2 (optional)
Top: 200mm fan x 1 (optional)
|Power Supply||ATX PS2 (Support Max. of the PSU in 180mm length)|
|Maximum Compatibility||VGA card length : 334 mm / 13.1 inch
CPU cooler height : 180 mm / 7.1 inch
Water cooling support :
Source: Cooler Master HAF XB